Louisiana Oral Health Coalition
Well-Ahead Louisiana Oral Health Promotion Manager
628 North 4th Street
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802
The Louisiana Oral Health Coalition (LOHC) is a voluntary collaborative representing oral health interests throughout Louisiana. It consists of individuals and organizations who are dedicated to improving the oral health of all Louisianans. Furthermore, the Coalition has made a commitment to improve oral health by utilizing evidence-based, best practices that will better use the resources at hand.
A Louisiana where people of all ages have excellent oral health
To coordinate the provision of information, resources, and services so that people of all ages can have excellent oral health.
The Coalition recognizes four main component areas through which their projects and services are focused. Member stakeholders work in collaboration to promote, educate and create policy within each area:
• Access: Increase access to quality, comprehensive, and continuous oral health services for all Louisiana citizens throughout their life stages.
• Policy: Influence policy, environmental or systems change and maintain continuous visibility to support, advocate and collaborate on relevant oral health matters.
• Prevention: Improve and maintain oral health, and prevent the progression of oral disease through evidence-based interventions that address risk factors and at-risk populations.
• Workforce/Partnerships: Support efforts to ensure the preparation, recruitment, and retention of an oral health workforce that is adequate and skilled, so that it may better serve the state’s population.
Policy Focus and Program Initiatives
- Children (e.g., coverage,access,financing)
- Adults (e.g., coverage,access,financing)
- Aging population (e.g., coverage,access,financing)
- Public education
- Surveillance/Data Collection
- Early childhood caries
- Water fluoridation
- Dental sealants
- Fluoride varnish
- School-based dental care
- Tobacco prevention/cessation
- New workforce models
- Medicaid adult benefit expansion/protection
- State Oral Health/Public Health Programs
- Other (Please specify)
Dental care for individuals with developmental disabilities and HIV-AIDS; Teledentistry
- State grant development
- Community-level grant development
- Corporate grant development
- Corporate sponsorships
The LOHC receives $1,600 from Dentaquest (OPEN Network) for grassroots coalition work to fund Annual Summit
$49K - and under: $200
No Formal Tax Status
Dental Sealant Workgroup
Fluoridation/Fluoride Varnish Workgroup
Communications and Activities
- Electronic newsletter or update
- In-person events
- Social Media